Portobello Mushroom Pizzas Recipe
|Portobello Mushroom Pizzas Recipe|
That's when the Portobello Mushroom Cap is the perfect choice for topping your favorite pizza, and they almost don't require time or effort to make it too.
The best part of all is mushrooms is fast food. So you really don't need another reason to make this amazing Portobello Mushroom Pizza.
- 1/3 cup (80ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 50g (1 HEa) from mozzarella
- 2 Portobello Mushroom Hats
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/3 cup (80ml) passata
- salt and black pepper
- a pinch of oregano
- a pinch of Italian parsley
- cooking oil spray
Toppings (this can vary)
- 2 tablespoons of black olive slices - 1.5 syns
- 1 smoked chicken sausage - 0.5 syn
- minced onions
- Preheat the oven to 180c / 350f (gas mark 4)
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms (don't throw them away, this can be sauteed for other uses), carefully remove the gills with a spoon.
- Spray the mushrooms with cooking oil spray and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment (you want the side of the gills to face down)
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While baking, fry the onions and garlic in a pan with a little cooking oil spray over medium heat until soft, add passata, broth, tomato paste, oregano and parsley and bring to a boil to reduce the thicker pizza sauce.
- When the mushrooms have been roasted for 10 minutes. Turn the pan over, add the pizza sauce, mozzarella and choice of toppings and bake it in the oven and return for about 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.