Creamy Spinach Sweet Potato Noodles With Cashew Sauce
In terms of actual real life serious commitments, I’m not a vegan or a vegetarian. But I am a person who likes to try new things and sometimes I get lazy about cooking meat, so a few months ago I bought three different spiralizers – those crazy machines that make vegetables into noodles.
I wanted to try them and see which ones were best, and why they were awesome, and become a super healthy person with a few swirls of a spiralizer handle, and eventually talk about it in a post. In these last few weeks, I’ve just been a leeeetle too “busy” to get my act together and actually write about the spiralizers, but ironically, the thing that is keeping me busy is feeding my face bowls and bowls and bowls of spiralized sweet potato noodles covered in cashew sauce. It’s just so weird how that works.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
Creamy Spinach and Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce – easy to make, adaptable, gluten free, vegan. Divine and delicious!
• 1 cup cashews
• 3/4 cup water (more for soaking)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 4 large sweet potatoes, spiralized
• 2 cups baby spinach
• a handful of fresh basil leaves, chives, or other herbs
• salt and pepper to taste
• olive oil for drizzling
1. Cover the cashews with water in a bowl and soak for 2 hours or so.
2. Drain and rinse thoroughly. Place in a food processor or blender (I got better texture with the blender) and add the 3/4 cup water, salt, and garlic. Puree until very smooth.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the sweet potatoes; toss in the pan for 6-7 minutes with tongs until tender-crisp. Remove from heat and toss in the spinach – it should wilt pretty quickly.
Full Recipe: Click Here