Red Velvet Cake In A Jar
Red Velvet Cake In A Jar is a whole new way to enjoy red velvet cake! Made with strawberry cream cheese frosting, these mini desserts are portable, giftable, and adorable!
Let’s talk supplies! I got my jars at The Container Store (love that place!), but there are lots of options on Amazon as well, and I’ve linked one example below. You can also use decorative cups or ramekins if you won’t be transporting them and don’t need a lid.
I experimented with making two different sizes: 2-ounce jars and 4-ounce jars. I expected I’d like the bigger size better (because bigger is always better, right?) but I surprised myself by preferring the smaller size.
The little 2-ounce jars are the perfect single serving for quenching that sweet tooth! If you do 4-ounce jars you can get about 12 jars from the recipe, but if you do the smaller jars you can get about 20, which means more for gifting, and more for eating yourself!
Red Velvet Cake In A Jar feature layers of red velvet cake and strawberry rose cream cheese frosting in miniature jars. They're perfect for gift giving!
You can make these in any size jars, but I recommend keeping them on the smaller side and making them in either 2- or 4-ounce jars. If you make 2-oz jars you'll get about 20 servings, and if you make them in 4-oz jars you'll get about 12.
Prep Time: 2 Hrs
Total Time: 2 Hrs
For The Red Velvet Cake:
• 5 2/3 oz all-purpose flour (1 1/4 cups)
• 5 1/4 oz granulated sugar (3/4 cup)
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
• 4 fl oz vegetable oil (1/2 cup)
• 6 fl oz buttermilk (3/4 cup)
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp red gel food coloring
• 1/2 tsp white vinegar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
For The Strawberry Rose Cream Cheese:
• 3/4 oz freeze-dried strawberries (1 1/2 cups)
• 24 oz cream cheese at room temperature (do not use light variety)
• 4 oz unsalted butter at room temperature
• 8 oz powdered sugar (2 cups)
• 1 tsp rose water optional
• Pinch salt
To Make The Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 11x17-inch rimmed baking sheet with foil, extending up and over the sides of the sheet. Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
3. In the bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the vegetable oil, buttermilk, egg, red gel food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix on medium-low speed until well-combined.
Full Recipe: Click Here