Roasted Beet & Orange Salad With Pistachios & Feta
I’ve always been a big fan of the sheet pan. It gives me cookies, after all — and sheet cakes and breads and sometimes easy dinner meals. But I’ve never really put it to realllll good use, that is, until I opened up the pages of Molly Gilbert‘s new cookbook, Sheet Pan Suppers .
Gah, you guys, this cookbook! Did you know you can make things like baked brie and strawberries, Caesar salad garlic bread, baked apricot French toast, smoked salmon egg boats and orange cardamom pound cake all on a sheet pan? Well, you can. You can also make salad, as demonstrated by this ah-mazing roasted beet and orange number with pistachios and feta.
Author: From Sheet Pan
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 45 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour
Yields: 2 As A Main Dish, 4 As A Side Dish
• 3 lbs beets, trimmed, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
• ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
• ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice (from about 1 small orange)
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 medium shallot, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
• 4 oranges, peel and pith removed, sliced into supremes or thick half-moons
• ¼ cup shelled, salted pistachios
• 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
• ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
• Ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F with a rack in center of oven.
2. In a large bowl, toss cubed beets with olive oil, orange juice and salt; transfer to a rimmed sheet pan and spread in an even layer.
3. Roast 30 minutes, shaking and rotating pan halfway through baking, until beets are softened and are starting to caramelize.
4. Sprinkle shallots over beets and return to oven. Roast 15 minutes until shallots are golden brown and beets are fork-tender.
Full Recipe: Click Here