Veggie Packed Freezer Ready Breakfast Sandwiches
Egg and cheese breakfast sandwiches are probably my most favorite thing in the whole world. Luckily, they also freeze quite well, so on busy mornings I can just pop one in the microwave and still have my favorite food in half the time (not that it takes a ton of time to quickly fry up an egg and stuff it into a pita or English muffin with a slice of cheese, but… for those mornings). I always try to stuff a few vegetables into my breakfast sandwiches as well, so when I made these Freezer Ready Breakfast Sandwiches, I baked some spinach and roasted red peppers right into the eggs.
Veggie Packed Freezer Ready Breakfast Sandwiches are a filling, delicious, and microwavable make ahead breakfast for busy mornings.
Prep Time: 1 hr
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Author: Beth M
• 6 large eggs ($1.50)
• 1/2 cup milk ($0.19)
• 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
• Freshly cracked pepper ($0.05)
• 1/2 lb. frozen cut leaf spinach ($0.80)
• 1/2 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers ($1.25)
• 6 English Muffins ($1.99)
• 6 slices cheese ($1.72)
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
2. Thaw the spinach (I used the microwave), then squeeze out the excess moisture. Take the peppers out of the liquid in the jar, then slice into thin strips. Cut the pepper strips crosswise into smaller pieces. Stir the spinach and peppers into the egg mixture.
3. Coat an 8x9 or 8x12 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the dish. Bake the eggs for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set and the outer edges are slightly browned. Allow the eggs to cool, then slice into six pieces.
4. Build the sandwiches by adding one piece of the baked eggs and one slice of cheese to each English muffin. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap or a fold top sandwich bag, then place all the sandwiches in a gallon sized freezer bag. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Full Recipe: Click Here