Baked Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
I’m a woman with a pan and a plan: Baked Lemon Chicken. It cooks together on a single sheet pan, includes oodles of healthy veggies, and tastes extra fresh and peppy, thanks to the dynamic duo of lemon and garlic. If ever a meal were made for weeknights, this easy Baked Lemon Chicken recipe would be it!
Before we dive into the recipe, I want to say thank you for your kind wishes on Ben and my five-year wedding anniversary last week. We had a wonderful dinner and night’s stay in a historic downtown Milwaukee hotel. On Sunday, I slept in past 9 a.m. for the first time in months, made the best-ever fruit and cream topped–oatmeal for breakfast, and didn’t change out of my sweatpants. After traveling the past two weeks, I could not have dreamed of a better way to settle back in or to catch up with Ben.
Although I don’t for a moment regret our relaxing weekend, I’m sad to report that, despite my fondest wishes, my suitcase did not unpack itself, and my laundry mysteriously did not wash itself either. Reality has retuned. Fortunately, I have a new easy recipe that’s perfect for a manic Monday: Baked Lemon Chicken with Asparagus.
This healthy lemon chicken recipe is of the easiest dinners I’ve made in months, and I wouldn’t change a single thing about it. The only major flavor players are lemon, garlic, and rosemary, because that’s all the recipe needs. The potatoes and asparagus are ideal for spring, the chicken is tender and juicy, and the sheet-pan cooking method is near foolproof.
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 35 Mins
Total Time: 50 Mins
Easy, healthy Baked Lemon Chicken with garlic, rosemary, potatoes, and asparagus. Everything cooks on ONE pan. Delicious and perfect for busy weeknights!
• 1 pound baby red potatoes — cut into 1-inch pieces
• 3 tablespoons olive oil — divided
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary — divided
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt — divided
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper — divided
• 2 pounds thin asparagus — tough ends trimmed and discarded, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 bunches)
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts — or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 large lemon — juice and zest (you should have about 1/4 cup lemon juice total)
• Salt — and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a rack in the center of your oven, then preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the potatoes in the center and top with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat, then spread into an even layer. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the asparagus, chicken, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Drizzle with the lemon juice and add the lemon zest, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Toss to coat, then transfer to the baking pan with the potatoes. With a spatula, loosely toss the ingredients so that they are evenly combined and spread into an even layer. Overlap the chicken as little as possible.
Full Recipe: Click Here