Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos
Easy Baked Recipe
Crispy, spicy, hearty, satisfying, and tasty! Yes, please! I am talking about these delicious vegan Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos. Because who doesn’t love taquitos?! Did you ever make homemade taquitos? They are super easy to make actually and since I tried them for the first time a few months ago I am hooked. Taquitos are a great snack, just think about your favorite Netflix series and all these hearty taquitos in front of you. Perfect evening, right?
These Buffalo Chickpea Taquitos are crispy, spicy, and satisfying! No chicken needed for this protein-rich and delicious recipe. The taquitos are gluten-free, vegan, and easy to make.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Course: Main Course, Snack
Buffalo chickpea sauce:
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 medium sized onion, chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 bell pepper, chopped
• 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (or one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce (passata)
• 3 tbsp hot sauce (or more to taste)
• 2 tbsp plant-based milk
• 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• Spice mix: 1 tsp onion powder, 3/4 tsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar), 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, sea salt, ground pepper, and chili powder to taste
• 10 small tortillas (gluten-free if needed) about 14 cm in diameter
• Dipping Sauce (optional):
• vegan cheese sauce (or your favorite dipping sauce)
1. Using a fork, roughly mash the chickpeas in a bowl.
2. Heat oil in a pan/skillet over medium heat and add the chopped onion and bell pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, then add garlic and spice mix and sauté for a further minute.
3. Add all other sauce ingredients + chickpeas to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Let simmer on low heat for about 2-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat.
4. Taste the mixture, if you want it spicier, add more chili powder to taste.
Full Recipe: Click Here