Caramelized Onion Rosemary Chicken Thighs
This caramelized onion and rosemary chicken makes it to our dinner table at least twice a week now. Every time we open the fridge and realise we are out of everything except chicken (happens quite often), we end up with this. Not complaining at all.
Denver left for the US a few days ago and I’m like because I miss him so much already. So bring on all the comfort food to make me feel better like this caramelized onion rosemary chicken. Plus I don’t feel like cooking on my own all that much so I need everything that only takes 30 minutes to make. And doesn’t need clean up, because thats Denver’s job and I’m too lazy for it BTW I just snapchatted my way through this recipe yesterday so if you are on Snapchat (my_foodstory) follow along to see what I’m making today!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 -portion
Category: main course
Insanely delicious recipe for 5 ingredient, gluten free caramelized onion and rosemary chicken which takes 30 minutes and only one pan, so no cleanup required!
• 500 grams Chicken (Bone-In Skin-On Thighs)
• 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (or Paprika Powder)
• 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic (Paste)
• 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
• 1 tablespoon (Oil)
• 1 tablespoon Butter
• 4 Onions (large , sliced)
• 1 tablespoon Honey
• 1 – 2 sprigs Rosemary (, finely chopped)
• to taste Salt
1. Mix together chili powder (or paprika), ginger garlic paste and lemon juice in a bowl. Rub this mixture all over the chicken thighs and set aside for 10 minutes while you get the rest of your ingredients ready.
2. Heat oil and butter in a cast iron pan and add the chicken thighs to it. Brown on high heat for 2 minutes on either side. Reduce the flame and add onions, rosemary and salt. Mix well and cover and cook for 25 minutes till the thighs are cooked through.
Full Recipe: Click Here