Chicken Teriyaki Quinoa Bowl
There’s something about making an Instagram worthy bowl for dinner; even if you’re not going to take a picture of it. I always make sure there is at least one brightly colored veggie and one healthy source of protein. I arrange it in a bowl just so, and then garnish the shit out of it. Seriously though, cooking for the gram will make you eat healthier. If you’re not into publicly posting your food, DM us!
This Chicken Teriyaki Quinoa Bowl was a little meek in the color department, so I threw in some steamed broccoli to make it IG worthy. It’s packed with protein and a skinny version of the traditional teriyaki sauce! I’ve made this a second time and also added roasted red peppers. The more color the better.
· 1 cup of quinoa
· 2 cups of water
· 2 organic chicken breasts, diced
· 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
· olive oil
· 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
· 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
· 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
· 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or flour of choice to thicken)
1. add the quinoa and water to a pot with a few dashes of sea salt.
2. bring to a boil and then cover for about 15 minutes until the water is absorbed.
3. fluff and set aside.
4. in a small bowl add the coconut palm sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, vinegar and cornstarch. whisk together until smooth and set aside.
Full Recipe: Click Here