Creamy Chicken Marsala Soup
This Creamy Chicken Marsala Soup is everything you love about the classic pasta…slow simmered into a cozy, creamy, comforting soup. Feel free to make yours with any kind of pasta shape or noodles that you have on hand.
Cold and rainy days call for warm and cozy soups. Always. ♡
And last week, on a particularly cold and dark and drizzly day here in Spain, this creamy chicken soup ended up being particularly good for the my soup. Not to mention a particularly delicious way to warm up.
His Creamy Chicken Marsala Soup is everything you love about the classic pasta, slow simmered into a cozy, creamy, comforting soup. Feel free to make yours with any pasta shape/noodles that you have on hand.
Total Time: 45 Mins
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
• 3 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1 pound baby bella (cremini) mushrooms, sliced
• 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
• 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
• 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 2/3 cup Marsala wine*
• 8 cups chicken stock
• 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
• 2 sprigs fresh thyme
• 4 ounces uncooked dry pasta, any shape (I used shells)
• 1 cup cream
• 2 large handfuls fresh baby spinach
• Kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
• for serving: Parmesan cheese and fresh lemon wedges
1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 5-6 minutes until softened and browned. Transfer mushrooms with a slotted spoon to a separate plate, and set aside.
2. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter to the stockpot, along with the carrot and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and translucent. Add the garlic, and sauté for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally, until fragrant. Stir in the flour until completely combined, then cook for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally.
Full Recipe: Click Here