Gluten-Free Vegan Gnocchi
Easy Homemade Recipe
I am really excited to share this recipe with you! I have been working on it for months. But it was worth it because finally, I have perfected it. These gluten-free vegan gnocchi are now my go-to recipe when I make homemade gnocchi. Just 3 simple ingredients (water and salt not counted), some love and ready are delicious gnocchi which do not fall apart or are sticky.
This amazing gluten-free vegan gnocchi recipe is plant-based (egg-free), protein-rich (made with chickpea flour) and contains only 3 ingredients (salt and water not counted).
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 3 mins
Total Time: 33 mins
Course: Main Course
• 2 1/4 lbs potatoes (e.g. Yukon Gold), peeled and chopped (1 kg)
• 1 1/2 to 2 cups chickpea flour (180-240 g)
• 1 cup tapioca flour + more for dusting (120 g) (*see recipe notes)
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Watch the video (scroll up a bit) to see all instruction steps.
2. Peel and chop potatoes, transfer them to a pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until tender, drain. Transfer back to the pot and mash with a potato masher (don't use a food processor or blender).
3. Add 1 1/2 cups of chickpea flour and the tapioca flour and knead with your hands until a dough forms.
4. The dough might still be a bit sticky but it should be fine to handle. However, if the dough is too sticky then add more chickpea flour and knead again. It depends on the type of potato whether you will need 1 1/2 cups or 1 2/3 cups or up to 2 cups of chickpea flour.
5. Cut the dough into equally sized pieces and dust with a little bit tapioca flour.
6. With your fingers, roll each piece to strands. Use a knife to cut the dough into 1-inch pieces and form them to small balls with your hands. You can roll every ball over the back of a fork if you want ridges on your gnocchi (this step is optional). Watch the video above to see how easy it is.
7. Add the gnocchi to a pot of salted boiling water. Once the gnocchi rise to the surface (after only 2-4 minutes), remove them with a slotted spoon.
Full Recipe: Click Here