Healthy Homemade Kimchi Ramen
ARGH I don’t think I’m actually capable of taking a day off! I was going to take today off so I can celebrate something really exciting that’s family related, and I was like, “okay, I only make a dessert today” but no, I was like, NOOO I HAVE TO MAKE MORE! Haha.
Yes, it may be easier just go to and buy the kimchi flavoured instant ramen, but I prefer to be healthy and make my own fresh kimchi and use organic ramen so I know there’s no wax in it, and this turned out super awesome. Though the kimchi does take over a week to make, so you’ll need that ready before you can do this recipe.
• 3 cups water
• ½ cup well fermented kimchi
• ¼ cup bean sprouts
• 1 tablespoon white rice wine
• 1 teaspoon extra light olive oil
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
• ½ teaspoon Korean red chili flakes
• ¼ teaspoon Himalayan/sea salt
• A few sprinkles Szechuan peppercorns
• 2 packets organic ramen (I used Koyo)
• 1 scallion
• 1-2 tablespoons well fermented kimchi
1. Add the 3 cups of water, kimchi, bean sprouts, white rice wine, olive oil, sesame oil, rice vinegar, paprika, soy sauce, Korean red chili flakes, salt, Szechuan peppercorns and ramen in a small/medium saucepan.
2. Bring it to a boil, and continue to cook on boiling heat for a total of 8-10 minutes until the ramen is soft to eat.
Full Recipe: Click Here