Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
|Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe|
Delicious and tasty Mexican Chicken Noodle Soup with cilantro, avocado, and lime juice - one pan food, in less than 30 minutes. Vegan options, sub beans for chicken!
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 tomato - diced
- 1 - 1 1/4 lbs. diced chicken breast (or two cans of beans, dried)
- 1 teaspoon of dried Mexican oregano (or a few bay leaves)
- Garnish with avocado slices, fresh cilantro, leeks and lime
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cloves of garlic - roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- ⅛ - ¼ teaspoon of chipotle powder or cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 small green diced chili (optional)
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 4 ounces of dried linguini noodles (or pasta, or gluten-free rice noodles)
- One lime juice
- In a heavy, large pan or Dutch oven, saute the onion with 1-2 T olive oil over medium heat for two minutes.
- Add chicken and garlic. Saute 5-6 minutes until they start browning, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and spices, oregano, and cook 1 more minute. Add tomatoes, chilies, broth, and water, then boil over high heat.
- After boiling, add paste, resist the temptation to add more (it will swell). Bring to a boil once more, change the heat to medium, and simmer ten minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Squeeze lime juice, taste, adjust salt if necessary.
- Place it in a bowl and top it with avocado slices and fresh cilantro and leeks and serve with sliced lime.