Vegan Jambalaya With Beans
This vegan jambalaya with beans and vegetables is the ultimate comfort food from the South! It’s super easy to make, so delicious, and packed with nutrients!
Ever since I’ve been to New Orleans, I wanted to make a vegan jambalaya for the blog. It makes such an easy and delicious vegan dinner and it’s so comforting! I’m so glad I finally got around to making it for the blog! It’s definitely a keeper! If you like rice dishes as much as I do, you could also like my one pot vegetable rice, my Thai pineapple fried rice, or my vegan paella.
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 375 kcal
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, cut into medium-sized chunks
• 2 stalks of celery, chopped
• 2 vegan andouille sausages, roughly chopped (you could also use vegan Italian or Mexican sausages instead)
• 3 cups leftover cooked parboiled rice (=1.5 cups uncooked rice)
• 1 can (14 oz) crushed tomatoes, drained
• 1 can (14 oz) kidney beans, drained
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon Tabasco
• salt, to taste
• cayenne pepper, to taste
• 2 green onions, cut into rings
• 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a large pan, heat some oil and sauté the red onion for about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Then add the bell pepper, the celery, and the vegan sausage. Cook for another 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the cooked rice, the kidney beans, the crushed tomatoes, the spices, the soy sauce, and the Tabasco and cook for about 5 minutes.
Full Recipe: Click Here