Rocky Road Pudding Parfaits
Because it’s Tuesday, and we all could use something fun to get us through the week. I mean, right?! RIGHT!.
These Rocky Road Pudding Parfaits, they are DELICIOUS, and yes they make you feel 1. like you’re a kid again, and 2. like it’s summertime. Clearly I’m ready for summertime, but clearly I am way ahead of the Summit County, Colorado weather schedule because it’s totally supposed to snow today.
Course: Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: American, French
Keyword: Parfait, Pudding, Rocky Road
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Servings: 6 Servings
Calories: 461 Kcal
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• pinch of salt
• 3 cups whole milk or canned full-fat coconut milk
• 2 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate chopped
• 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1/2 cup roasted peanuts chopped
• 1/4 cup roasted almonds chopped
• 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
• 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
• cup vanilla chocolate or chocolate peanut butter ice cream, for serving (optional)
• melted chocolate or hot fudge for serving (optional)
1. In a medium size sauce pan, combine the sugar, cocoa powder, pinch of salt and cornstarch and whisk until combined. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking until smooth. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a low boil, whisking consistently. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and is pudding like. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate and vanilla.
2. Scoop about 3/4 cup of the pudding out into a separate bowl. Cover and place in the fridge to chill. Divide the remaining pudding between 4-6 parfait glasses. Cover and place in the fridge to chill.
Full Recipe: Click Here