Shakshuka Recipe Delicious
Today’s shakshuka recipe is so simple… Eggs poached in a perfectly spiced vegetarian stew of tomatoes and green peppers. Add a salad and your favorite bread, and you can even turn it into dinner.
Shakshuka is top of the list of my favorite egg dishes. It originally came from North Africa (Tunisia), and has quickly become a popular Middle Eastern dish, particularly in Israel and the Holy Land region.
What Is Shakshuka?
I believe shakshuka gained wild popularity because it’s a simple dish that stars every-day ingredients. While there are many variations of shakshuka, a traditional shakshuka recipe is basically eggs poached in a spiced tomato and green pepper stew with onions and garlic.
Author: The Mediterranean Dish
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Easy shakshuka recipe. Eggs braised in a perfectly spiced sauce of fresh tomatoes and peppers.
• Private Reserve Greek extra virgin olive oil
• 1 large yellow onion, chopped
• 2 green peppers, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1 tsp sweet paprika
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
• Salt and pepper
• 6 Vine-ripe tomatoes, chopped
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce ( about 118 ml)
• 1 tsp sugar
• 6 large eggs
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves (about 0.2 ounces or 5 grams)
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves (about 0.2 ounces or 5 grams)
1. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron skillet. Add the onions, green peppers, garlic, spices, pinch salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar. Simmer until the tomato mixture begins to reduce, about 10-12 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Full Recipe: Click Here