Shrimp, Asparagus And Avocado Salad
This shrimp, asparagus and avocado salad is utterly delicious and perfect for spring – especially when drizzled with the vibrant lemon vinaigrette. With only 8 ingredients it’s super easy to make, looks stunning and always gets devoured!
Spring salads are in full effect my friends. Fresh produce is in abundance in the markets and every time I see avocados it’s impossible to not grab several.
Now, I’ll admit I’m spoiled with avocados year round in Southern California. But if avocados are more of a seasonal item where you live here’s what you do. Grab several, along with spinach, asparagus, spring onions, a few other ingredients and wild shrimp. Then, whip up this shrimp, asparagus and avocado salad! It’s simple, light, creamy, healthy and oh, so tasty.
Yield: 4 Servings
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
This shrimp, asparagus and avocado salad is utterly delicious and perfect for spring. It’s a light, vibrant, creamy and healthy avocado salad.
• 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 4 cups baby spinach
• 1/4 fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 bunch asparagus (approx 20 spears)
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 3 green onions, sliced
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/2 recipe lemon vinaigrette
1. Bring both a medium pot of water and a medium sauté pan of water and to a boil. Add the shrimp to the pot and the asparagus to the sauté pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Use a skimmer or tongs to transfer the shrimp and asparagus to an ice water bath. Drain and then slice the asparagus into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Add the shrimp, sliced asparagus, baby spinach, avocado and green onion to a salad bowl. Add the dressing, season with salt and pepper and toss it all together.
Full Recipe: Click Here