Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup
Yes, you can have Thai takeout right at home! This soup is packed with so much flavor with bites of tender chicken, rice noodles, cilantro, basil and lime juice! So cozy, comforting and fragrant – plus, it’s easy enough for any night of the week!
So I’m back on the Thai food binge for the foreseeable future, starting with this noodle soup.
Now you know I love a red curry. But I love it even more with rice noodles.
It’s so cozy, it’s so comforting, and it’s so fragrant with all the cilantro, basil and lime juice. Although I always add a little bit of extra lime juice to my bowl for that extra zesty kick!
Yield: 6 Servings (8 Cups)
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1 onion, diced
• 3 tablespoons red curry paste
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
• 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
• 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
• 1/2 (8-ounce) package rice noodles
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 3 green onions, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1. Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
2. Add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
5. Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 10 minutes.
Full Recipe: Click Here