Vegan Mushroom Bourguignon With Potato Cauliflower Mash – Instant Pot
Vegan Mushroom Bourguignon served over Potato Cauliflower Mash. All Cooked in an Instant Pot together with PIP (pot in pot). Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Recipe, can be Soy-free.
One, This is how one should be introduced to mushrooms(so smooth, so delicious!). Two, for some reason I mess up the spelling of bourguignon. Twice I thought I had misplaced the photos and the written recipe post, as search wouldn’t work. Well it didn’t because it was not the correct spelling!
Anywho, this Vegan Bourguignon uses mushrooms and veggies, loads of flavor addition, and 1 Pot. I also steam the potato and cauliflower while the mushrooms cook, Pot in Pot Cooking. It saves time and pots. Mash the steamed veggies, add herbs of choice, some non dairy milk for creamyness and serve. You can cook the potatoes/cauliflower separately if you like and also make this on the stove top. See recipe notes below for Stovetop instructions and times. Lets get cooking!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Vegan Mushroom Bourguignon, served over Potato Cauliflower Mash. All Cooked in an Instant Pot together with PIP (pot in pot). Instant Pot Mushroom Bourguignon Vegan Gluten-free Nut-free Recipe, can be Soy-free
Course: Main Course
Cuisine: American, Gluten-free, Vegan Gluten-free
Keyword: Instant Pot Mushroom Bourguignon, vegan Bourguignon
Calories: 235 kcal
Author: Vegan Richa
• 2 tsp oil
• 1/2 medium onion chopped
• 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
• 10 oz sliced mushrooms mixed or white or cremini
• 1/4 cup brandy or whiskey or red wine or use broth
• 3/4 cup chopped carrots
• 1 cup chopped celery
• 3/4 tsp dried thyme or 1 tbsp fresh
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tbsp soy sauce ,tamari for gluten-free, coconut aminos for soyfree
• 2 tsp tomato paste
• 1/2 cup water or broth
• 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch mixed in 3 tbsp water (you can also add 2 tbsp of the mashed potato mixture to thicken)
• 1 cup of spinach or greens
• 1 large potato cubed small
• 1 cup cauliflower florets (heaping cup)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 to 4 tbsp non dairy milk
• 1/4 tsp each salt garlic powder
• black pepper to taste
1. Heat the Instant Pot on Saute. Add oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and a good pinch of salt and give them a quick mix. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until golden on some edges. Add a tbsp of water if browning too quickly.
2. Add the wine and mix well for a few seconds to cook out the alcohol.
3. Add the carrots, celery, thyme and garlic and mix well. Add the soy sauce, tomato paste, 1/3 tsp salt (if using water or unsalted broth) and water/broth and give it a mix. Cancel saute. You can also add in 1 bay leaf and some rosemary for flavor variation at this point.
4. Place the steamer basket on top of the mushroom mixture. Add potato and cauliflower to it.
Full Recipe: Click Here