Blueberry Best Cake
Blueberry Breakfast Cake – perfect for breakfast, brunch or a light dessert. This luscious cake is a deliciously moist, lightly sweet “coffee” cake bursting with juicy ripe blueberries and a hint of lemon.
If I owned a Bed & Breakfast, I would probably … wish that I didn’t have to clean house everyday. No that’s not what I was going to write. I was going to tell you that I would probably make this Blueberry Breakfast Cake for every-single-one of my guests. While we don’t own a B&B, we do have out of town company from time to time – so given the recently renovated guest bathroom and this great recipe, maybe we’ll get some visitors soon? My husband does a great driving tour of DC! You know you want to come just to have cake for breakfast – and that’s okay with me!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
A deliciously moist, lightly sweet "coffee" cake bursting with juicy ripe blueberries.
Course: Breakfast, Brunch
Servings: 8 servings
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• Zest from 1 lemon
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 2 cups fresh ripe blueberries, picked over, rinsed and dried
• 1/2 cup buttermilk
• 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
3. Set aside 1/3 cup of blueberries to put on top of batter before baking, if desired. In a medium mixing bowl, toss the remaining blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour and set aside. Make sure your berries are dry.
4. In a small bowl combine 2 cups of flour, salt, and baking powder.
5. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the butter, lemon zest and 3/4 cup of sugar. Beat for several minutes, scraping down the sides as needed, until light and fluffy.
Full Recipe: Click Here