|KOREAN STICKY CHICKEN RECIPE|
This Korean Sticky Chicken Recipe is really loaded with savory-sweet heat! Honey and Gochugaru create spicy glaze that comes out of this world. This might end with your new favorite Korean chicken recipe.
This is a delicious and fast recipe for Korean sticky chicken. A little hot, sweet and savory, it's the perfect accompaniment to a bowl of steaming white rice! And it only takes 15 minutes to make from start to finish!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 2 people
- 2 stalks scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken breasts (sliced into large chunks)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons red pepper/chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 1 tablespoons grapeseed oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Put the chicken pieces on a sheet of parchment paper and sprinkle Korean red pepper flake on top. Cover with another piece of parchment paper and pound the chicken with a meat mallet, until each piece is well coated.
- In a large pan over medium high heat, add oil and when oil is hot, add chicken. Cook on each side for two minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey and bring to a boil. Let the sauce bubble for 1-2 minutes, until it thickens slightly.
- Return chicken to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes, until chicken is coated evenly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, stir one last time to coat evenly and turn the heat off.
- Transfer Korean sticky chicken to a bowl or a plate and top with chopped scallions. Serve immediately with rice.