LOW CARB TACO SOUP WITH CHEESE
|LOW CARB TACO SOUP WITH CHEESE RECIPE|
Instant Pot cuts cooking time for this simple taco soup. After the stove reaches the desired pressure, finish in 15 minutes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes optional
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 20 ounces diced tomatoes with chilis (Rotel)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- cheddar cheese shredded
- sliced black olives
- sour cream
- sliced jalapeño peppers
- Brown ground beef in Instant Pot on “sauté” setting. Drain excess grease if needed.
- Stir in onion flakes, garlic, chili powder, cumin, diced tomatoes with chili, beef broth, and salt & pepper. NOTE: It’s not recommended to pressure cook dairy so you may want to add in the cream cheese and heavy cream after pressure cooking. (I discovered this after so the video does not reflect this change.)
- Cover Instant Pot and cook on “soup” setting for 5 minutes. (Original recipe pressure cooked for 10 minutes and let sit at no pressure release for 5 minutes. However, it’s better to pressure cook soup for a shorter period and then let it sit in the pot for a longer time period after releasing pressure before opening the lid. The video does not reflect this change.)
- When time is up, open allow pot to sit with valve closed to depressurize for ten minutes before opening vent valve and removing lid. Add in cream cheese and cheese.
- Serve hot with optional toppings.