SALSA FRESCA CHICKEN
|SALSA FRESCA CHICKEN RECIPE|
This Fresca Chicken Salsa makes amazingly delicious dishes filled with fresh flavors. Tender chicken seasoned with spices, then doused with freshly made salsa and baked with rich cheese on top, for an equally healthy and delicious dinner.
Prep: 15 Mins
Cook: 35 Mins
Total: 50 Mins
This Fresca Chicken Salsa is packed full of bold Tex-Mex flavors but is still a light and healthy dish. This is smothered in fresh tomatoes, coriander leaves, sweet onions, and of course Monterey Jack cheese. It comes together easily for a quick dinner and because it's made in one dish, it can be cleaned easily too.
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless skinless
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F.
- Lay the chicken flat in a large baking dish and sprinkle evenly with the cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken with the pico then top with cheese.
- Bake on middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (internal temp of 165˚F.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve hot with your favorite side dish.