Delicata Squash Bake With Tahini Sauce Recipe (Thanksgiving)
|Delicata Squash Bake With Tahini Sauce Recipe (Thanksgiving)|
Simple 30-minute delicata squash with roasted hazelnuts, pomegranate and maple-tahini sauce! The perfect vegetable-based Thanksgiving side dish.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 delicata squash (halved lengthwise, seeds removed, cut into 1/2 inch)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (1/2 lemon yields ~ 1 tbsp or 15 ml)
- 1/4 cup of fresh (chopped) parsley
- 1/4 cup pomegranate
- 1/4 cup dry roasted hazelnuts (loose chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees f (204 degrees c).
- Add squash slices to an empty baking pan (1 large or 2 small, depending on the size of the squash // when the original recipe is written // use fewer or more baking sheets, as needed, if changing batch size) and mix with oil and sea salt. Then arrange in one layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once at the midpoint to ensure even baking. You will know that it is done when the fork is soft, golden brown, and slightly carameled (see photo).
- When the squash is baking, prepare the sauce by adding tahini, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a small bowl. Shake to combine, then add 1 tablespoon hot water at a time and shake until poured. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- To serve, set the roasted squash on a serving and add the sauce, pomegranate, hazelnuts, and parsley. Best when enjoyed immediately.