GRILLED CHICKEN MARGHERITA
|Grilled Chicken Margherita|
Grilled Chicken Margherita
Healthy and healthy roasted chicken margherita, topped with melted mozzarella cheese, pesto and tomato basil garnish.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
- Cracked black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to less than 1 inch thickness
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano + 1/4 teaspoon dried basil + 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves, very thinly sliced
- In a large bowl combine chicken, salt and pepper, olive oil, garlic power, and italian seasoning. Toss to combine.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat for about 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked through. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook another minute or so until melted.
- Toss tomatoes, lemon juice, and basil together. Top each chicken breast with about 3 tablespoons pesto, a scoop of tomatoes, and some freshly cracked black pepper. Serve immediately.