This is a dish that I don't have to qualify as "fast", but it certainly belongs to the "easy" category.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 400g/14oz each)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 6 mini bell peppers of assorted colors, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450°f.
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl and then sprinkle the chicken breasts generously on both sides with the spice mix.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and arrange the vegetables around them.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil, remove the foil and cook under the broiler about 5 minutes, or until the chicken becomes nice and golden.
- Slice the chicken breasts on a diagonal and serve, topped witht the vegetables.