Meyer Lemon Sour Cream Cake Recipe
|MEYER LEMON SOUR CREAM CAKE RECIPE|
Meyer Lemon is the star of this event is an outstanding sour cream cake and swiss meringue jam.
Prep Time: 45 Min
Cook Time: 90 Min
Total Time: 2 Hours 15 Min
Meyer Lemon Sour Cream Cake Recipe
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup temp room butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 4 egg temp rooms
- 2 Tbsp Meyer Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbsp Meyer Lemon Juice
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
Lemon Meyer Lemon Slandes
- 1/2 cup sugar to clean dust
- 1 Meyer Lemon thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups of water
- 2 Tbsp Meyer Lemon zest
- 2 1/4 cups of sugar
- 3 Tbsp Meyer Lemon juice
- 9 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 cups of unsalted butter cut into tablespoons, room temperature
- Lemon Meyer Lemon wedges
- The ball of copper dragees
- Pre preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Base oil and sides of 2 - 7 "cake pan and lines parallel to parchment. Oil parchment and dust pan with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, soda, salt and stir to mix. Put aside.
- In a mixer bowl equipped with paddle attachments, butter and sugar cream until fluffy and pale.
- Add one egg at a time, mixing between each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add lemon zest and juice, continuing to mix at medium speed.
- At low, mix in a mixture of flour, sour cream and milk, alternating as needed.
- Mix at high for about 5 seconds to make sure everything is well combined.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 44-46 minutes or until the cake is firm and the tooth pick removed is clean.
- Chill for 20 minutes, remove from the pan and place on a wire rack to continue cooling completely.
- Mix sugar, egg whites, in a medium saucepan.
- Beat until the sugar has dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Test by rubbing between your fingers; the mixture must feel smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl equipped with a whisk.
- Mix the egg white mixture until cool, add tarter cream.
- Mix egg white again at med / high until glossy, stiff shape and the mixture has cooled.
- Reduce speed to medium and add 2 tablespoons of butter at a time, stirring until well blended. (the mixture may look lumpy, continue to mix.)
- Add lemon rind and juice. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Switch to paddle attachment.
- Mix with medium / high speed to moisturize buttercream for about 2 minutes.
Lemon Slem Created
- In a small saucepan add 1/4 cup water and 3/4 cup sugar, set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup washed sugar to a shallow dish, set aside.
- In the saucepan, add 2 cups of water and lemon slices, simmer for 45 minutes.
- Drain in a colander.
- Heat a small saucepan of sugar and water until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add lemon slices and cook for 15 minutes.
- Lift the lemon slices and arrange on a wire rack so that excess moisture drips, about 2 minutes.
- Then coat each slice of lemon with sugar gently on both sides. Return each slice to the wire rack to set, at least 4 hours.
- Cut the cake layer horizontally until it is the same as the four cake layers.
- Place the first layer of cake on a cake plate.
- Add a layer of buttercream, I use a piping bag.
- Repeat with the remaining layers, adding a layer of buttercream between each.
- Cake crumbs on the sides and top. This is a "bare cake" so it's the crumb coat I do. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Pipe on the border and design as illustrated or the design of your choice.
- Garnish with lemon sprinkles and slices.
- Set in a cool place until ready to serve.
- If traveling with this cake I would recommend to chill it for at least an hour. This will tighten the buttercream and make it smaller to smear if left a little.