The creamy Thai Sweet Potato Curry can be made in about 20 minutes and it only makes your heart sing for pleasure when you remember that you have at least 3 portions left in the fridge and you will win big in Leftovers Lunch.
Soft Thai Sweet Potato Curry - packed with nutrients, easy, healthy, and comfortable food recipes in winter
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
Creamy Thai Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
- 3-4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1 14 ounces can be regular coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts and cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2-3 tablespoons of curry paste (see note)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of broth or water
- fish sauce to taste
- Start your rice, if you serve this on top of rice (highly recommended)!
- heat the oil on medium heat. Add the shallots and saute until tender and fragrant. Add sweet potatoes and mix thoroughly with oil. Add curry paste and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add coconut milk and stock and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes until it thickens. Stir the spinach until it wilts.
- Add half of the bean / coriander mixture; reserve the rest for topping. Add a little sauce of fish sauce to the curry to make everything just sing harmony in your mouth. Delicious
- Serve on rice, topped with remaining nuts / coriander.