Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Healthy Recipe
|Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Healthy Recipe|
Broccoli has never tasted so good! Raw broccoli can be very boring, but when you throw it into a salad with cheese and bacon, amazing things just happen!
I am a big fan of salad types of coleslaw sauce so I always like the delicious classic broccoli and cauliflower salad ... but I've never liked the fact that most of the recipes out there require 1 cup of full fat mayonnaise.
This broccoli and cauliflower Healthy salad is the best on the day it is made, but if you want to prepare this salad to eat at the end of the week you can mix dry salad ingredients and flush the dressing before you will eat it.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Broccoli and Cauliflower Launch Salad Healthy Recipe
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 4 cups of diced small broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 cup small diced Colby Jack cheese (6 ounces)
- 8 oz bacon (about 8 slices), diced and sauteed until crisp and dried
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots, rinse under water and drain (if you are, you can add a little more)
- 4 cups small diced cauliflower florets
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir all the sauce ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Add all the salad ingredients to the salad bowl (I like to set aside about 1/4 of the bacon and onion to sprinkle on top at the end for more colors, that's completely optional).
- Pour the dressing on top then stir it evenly. Serve within a few hours after adding the sauce for the best results.