|Broccoli Fritters with Cheddar Cheese Easy Recipe|
This easy broccoli fry is made with cheddar cheese and bitten by a bite! At a minimum the ingredients make this recipe healthy and low in carbohydrates too.
Fried broccoli is my new vegetable obsession. I usually make zucchini fritters in the summer to help use the gifts we received from neighbors. And my husband swears that cauliflower makes the best substitute for low hash chocolate around. But there's something about the stinging broccoli bite that I make every week.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 8 Mins
Total Time: 18 Mins
- 8 ounces of broccoli, cut into small pieces or chopped
- 1 cup shreded cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, beat
- 2 tablespoons of whole-grain fiber or almond flour, or powdered pork skin (ordinary flour if not low in carbohydrates)
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil or your favorite
- Cut the fresh broccoli crown and cut it into 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. Steam gently in the microwave or in a steamer. Drain excess water and dry with a paper towel when wet. (If you use the remaining broccoli, drain well and cut into bite-sized pieces.)
- Stir or stir broccoli with the flour of your choice and Cajun seasoning to coat. Add eggs and stir. Add cheddar cheese and stir until evenly mixed.
- Place a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add oil and stir to coat the pan. Non-stick pans require less oil. Divide the mixture visually into four and scoop into a pan, stacking it in a low mound or patty. Scrape off every piece that falls into the pile.
- Cook on one side until the cheese at the top of the patty starts to melt and the bottom is dark brown, about 2-3 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side until browned.
- Make 4 large breads, 2.8 NC each. Serve with egg or sauce on top.