|Quick and Crispy Vegetable Fritters Healthy Recipe|
Snack vegetables into any meal with Quick and Crispy Vegetable Fritters that come together in a few minutes and pair up perfectly with a cold spoonful of sour cream or yogurt.
This one setting is extra simple: Break the zucchini and carrots and stir until the eggs, garlic, leeks and a little touch of flour. Spoon the mixture into a hot pan and wait for the crack to signal you to turn it over. The result is a crispy fried vegetable that is perfect for pairing with a spoonful of sharp sour cream or refreshing yogurt.
Prep: 20 Mins
Cook: 5 Mins
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten briefly
- Sour cream or yogurt, to be served
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cups versatile flour
- 1/3 cup sliced leeks (green and white parts)
- Add the crushed zucchini to the filter and sprinkle with a little salt. Leave the zucchini for 10 minutes then use your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl then add carrots, garlic, flour, eggs, leeks, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Stir the mixture until it is mixed.
- Cover the plate with paper towels. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. After the oil sparkles, put 3 tablespoons of the vegetable mixture into the pan, flatten the mound a little and leave at least 1 inch apart.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn once and continue cooking 1 to 2 more minutes until golden brown and crispy. Transfer the fritter to a paper-lined plate, season with salt and repeat the cooking process with the remaining mixture.
- Serve fried immediately topped with sour cream or yogurt.