Cheesy Vegetarian Loaded Baked Potatoes with Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe
|Cheesy Vegetarian Loaded Baked Potatoes with Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe|
This Vegetarian-Loaded Baked Potato with Spinach and Mushrooms is packed to the brim with the most decadent sauce and lots of vegetable delicacy!
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 55 Mins
Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1/2 TBSP shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 glass of white wine
- 1-3 ounces of grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 light brown potatoes
- 2 TBSP butter
- 4 ounces of cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 ounces of baby spinach, chopped
- 3 TBSP thick cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 TBSP fresh chopped leeks (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce cleans the potatoes with a fork in 3-4 places and, for crispy skin, rub with a little oil. Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet for approx. 40 minutes or until the insides are hot and fluffy. Or you can microwave it until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Turn and continue to microwave at 5 minute intervals, until tender when stabbed with a knife. Set aside to be rather cold.
- Heat 1 TBSP butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter starts to bubble, add mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly, until it starts brown and soft, about 7 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion and the remaining butter to the pan. Cook until the onions are soft, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook until evaporated, 1-2 minutes.
- When the mushrooms cook, arrange the potatoes close together on a baking sheet. Cut the top, with a long direction, and gently press the sides of the potato to puff up the middle, pulling slightly out to show more of the middle of the expanded potato. Sprinkle with Cheddar and bake until warm and golden brown cheese, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the pan over medium heat and cook until wilted, about 3 more minutes.
- Stir in thick cream and parmesan, then season with 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt and pepper as desired. Potatoes top with mushroom and spinach sauce and garnished with chives.