Pumpkin Carrot Cake Recipe
|Pumpkin Carrot Cake Recipe|
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Bake Time: 50-60 minutes
Total Time: 90 minute
- 2 cups of freshly grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1-1 / 2 cups of coconut flakes
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose Gold flour
- 1/4 cup of yellow corn flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup of peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of pure pumpkin
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 (8 ounces) packet of cream cheese, mashed
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup of coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F. Sprinkle and thin flour two 8-inch round cake pans. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, corn flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, and vanilla until blended. Add the dry ingredients gradually to the egg mixture. The dough will be very thick at this time.
- Fold the pineapple and pumpkin until well blended. Fold carrots and then nuts and coconuts until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until the cake is browned on top and the toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in their pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Turn over to a wire rack and let it cool completely before freezing.
- In a large bowl, shake with butter, cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth. Beat the powdered sugar gradually until mild and smooth. Fold coconut and walnuts.
- To freeze the cake, place one layer of cake on the cake holder or serving plate. Use a spatula to cover with a thick layer of frosting. Stack another layer of cake on top of the frozen layer. Cover the top and sides with the remaining freezing. Garnish with extra walnuts, if desired.