Chicken and Spinach Balti Recipe
|Chicken and Spinach Balti Recipe|
This easy-to-taste and fresh balti chicken curry is a delicious recipe to prepare when you cook for two people.
For the Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 75ml / 2½ ounces of plain yogurt
- 2½ cm / 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 lime, juice only
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 75ml / 2½ fl oz double cream
- 150g / 5oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- fresh coriander leaves a handful of small, chopped
- 100g / 3½oz basmati rice, rinsed and drained, then cooked according to package
- For marinade, finely chopped or grated ginger and garlic. Sprinkle salt and cut a little more, then put in a bowl.
- Add lime juice, coriander, chili powder, turmeric powder and ground cumin to a bowl and stir well.
- Add pieces of chicken and yogurt and stir to coat the chicken. Allow to soak for at least 10-15 minutes (or if possible for an hour, cover in the refrigerator).
- For curry, heat the oil in a skillet over low heat and add onions. Fry for 1-2 minutes, then add tomatoes and puree tomatoes and cook gently for about one minute.
- Add chicken to the pan along with seasonings and a little water.
- Pour in the cream, turn on the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. There should be no pink when you cut it. If it is pink, cook for longer.
- Add spinach to the pan and stir until wilted. Sprinkle on coriander.
- To serve, drain the rice and divide two dishes. Top with curry.