Easy Lobster Bisque Recipe
|Easy Lobster Bisque Recipe|
Make your own gourmet soup at home with this easy lobster bisque recipe. And, the home version is low in carbohydrates and gluten free.
Lobster bisque can be served as a start for a full meal, complete with seasonal low-carbohydrate vegetables and roasted turnips. Although the main course is usually another seafood dish, it doesn't have to be that way. Many like to combine lobster with steak for classic surfing and grass dishes.
Cream lobster soup is also suitable for lunch. This can be a main dish by providing a large portion in a bowl with keto crackers beside it. But my favorite choice is to combine it with a tossed salad and a low-carb slice of bread.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 40 Mins
Total Time: 50 Mins
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 cups thick cream
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 frozen lobster shells (or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste increased to 2 tablespoons for more tomato flavor
- 2 cups of lobster broth
- Boil the lobster tail for 6-8 minutes or until the skin is bright red. Discard the tail to cool and reserve water for use as lobster stock.
- Remove the meat from the clams then return to the water and simmer for 10 minutes. Using a fine mesh filter, filter the lobster broth and reserve 2 cups.
- Cut the lobster meat into small pieces. Put aside.
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized saucepan and heat it over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine slowly, then stir in Worcestershire, celery salt, thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, and black pepper.
- Stir in the tomato paste and lobster broth ordered. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Blend the mixture in a blender or use a stick blender in the pan until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pan, if necessary, and add heavy cream and butter. Add additional salt if necessary.
- Add lobster meat and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes.