Eggplant Lentil Bolognese Recipe
|Eggplant Lentil Bolognese Recipe|
Eggplant Lentil Bolognese, You should try this vegan and gluten-free pasta sauce, so delicious and full of vegetable protein. Grilled eggplant, homemade sauce, and lentils.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 2 Hr
Total Time: 3 Hr 50 Mins
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil leaves
- Pasta or cooked polenta, to be served
- 1 medium-large Italian eggplant globe
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of halal salt
- 2 glasses of dry red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounces) tomatoes can be crushed
- 2 cups cooked lentils brown or green
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Rub the eggplant with some olive oil and place it on a baking sheet. Bake until very tender, about 1-1 1/2 hour. The skin must be easy to peel off and the inside is creamy.
- When the eggplant is 20-30 minutes complete, heat the remaining olive oil in a large Dutch oven or broth over medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots and salt. Cook until the vegetables are very soft, about 15 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, and thyme.
- Add wine and cook until the wine is reduced by at least half and the sauce thickens. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Add tomato paste and cook again until it thickens.
- Peel the eggplant meat and take the meat. Roughly chop, if necessary, and add to the pan along with cooked lentils and tomatoes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until thick and cooked together, about 1 hour. Season as needed, add more salt if desired. Before serving, stir the basil.