Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans Recipe
|Instant Pot Cuban Black Beans Recipe|
This Instant Cuban Black Bean Pot is full of the taste and goodness of real food. They make real food realistic on many levels. Naturally vegetarian, gluten free and milk free.
Beans have always been one of my real-to-real staples! Easy on a budget and cooked from dry in a relatively short time with the help of a cool pressure cooker, the recipe for Instant Black Bean Pot is full of the taste and goodness of real food that will make real food realistic for many people.
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 50 Mins
Total Time: 60 Mins
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 5 cups of broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Chili to taste optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of dried black beans are picked, rinsed, soaked, and rinsed again.
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, avocado oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped yellow onions
- 2 cups of paprika
- 5 cloves of minced garlic (or 1 teaspoon of garlic powder), or to taste
- Combine all execpt for salt ingredients in your instant pot. Stir several times until mixed.
- Place the lid on the instant pot, lock it in place and turn the valve to seal.
- Select the manual setting and use the +/- buttons to set the cooking time for 9 minutes with high pressure. You will need a pressure cooker for about 10 minutes to reach the pressure. This is normal.
- After the beans are cooked, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes before quickly releasing the remaining pressure.
- Remove bay leaves. Add salt to taste.
- Drain some (or away from the cooking liquid from the beans. How much you drain is up to you. If you plan to enjoy all the beans immediately, don't hesitate to remove as much liquid as you want. However, if you plan to store these beans, i suggest to keep some nuts so they don't dry in the fridge or keep all the cooking liquid and enjoy the beans as soup!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to one week or in the freezer for the coming months.