Italian Salad Recipe Ideas
|Italian Salad Recipe Ideas|
This Italian Salad Recipe is lighter than a sandwich, with beans for the scales rather than bread, but equally satisfying.
Feel free to play around with the amount and ingredients in this salad to make it yourself.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 15 Mins
For Italian Salad Sauce:
- 1 small minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian dried herbs
For Italian Salad:
- 4 ounces of small diced provolone cheese
- 6 tomatoes dried with sun oil, cut roughly
- 12 kalamata olives are pitted and roughly chopped
- 15 1/2 ounces of dried cannellini beans (or 1 1/2 cup cooked at home)
- 1 head of chopped lomaine lettuce
- 4 ounces of salami sliced into thin strips
To Make Sauce:
- In a medium bowl, stir the vinegar, mustard, garlic, onion and Italian seasoning. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, constantly shaking. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the cannellini beans to the sauce and stir gently to mix. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place chopped romaine in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle cheese, salami, dried tomatoes, olives, and beans with sauce. Gently stir to combine ingredients and coat with dressing; Presents.