Teriyaki chicken and broccoli recipe will be one that you keep on your dinner menu rotation weekly.
Obsessed is one way to describe this recipe but most importantly, easy.
It takes no time to make it and it is one of our favorite dishes to make now. I make it at least once a week because of how quickly it comes together (yes, really, 20 minutes!) Which is super helpful for me during weeknights after work.
You can also watch a video of me making it below! I think once you see how easy it is to make, you’ll want to make it too!
Prep Time: 5 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 20 Mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli (see notes below if you're using frozen broccoli)
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch cubes
For The Sauce
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli. Blanch the broccoli for 5 minutes then immediately transfer the broccoli to an ice bath (a large bowl of water with ice in it) to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides with vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the broccoli (excess water drained well) then turn the heat down to medium. Gently pour in the sauce and let thicken, about 5 minutes. Gently toss the ingredients in the sauce until everything is coated well.
- Serve over rice.