Chicken Tortilla Soup Instant Pot Recipe - Little Spice Jar
|Chicken Tortilla Soup Instant Pot Recipe - Little Spice Jar|
My homemade chicken tortilla soup can be made in an instant pot or on the stove! This is a rich tomato soup base, and you can make it with shredded chicken or use black beans to make it vegetarian! Add the chopped coriander, tortilla chips and avocado.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 3-4 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 dried ancho chilies
- 1 (28.5 ounces) can bake roasted mashed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon EACH: dried oregano AND adobo seasoning
- 12 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- shredded chicken
- diced avocado
- grated cheese or cotija
- tortilla chips or chunks
- sliced lime
- chopped cilantro
- Trim the top of the paprika, open the paprika and remove and remove all seeds and ribs. Using kitchen scissors, cut the paprika into 10-12 pieces and add to the bowl. Pour 1 cup of hot water on it. Let the peppers rehydrate for 10 minutes.
- BLEND: Add paprika with water to the blender along with tomatoes, onions, oregano, adobo seasoning, and garlic. Blend until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the prepared pepper mixture and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce heats up and thickens slightly. Add chicken stock and 1 glass of water and let the soup boil for 20-25 minutes. Add lime juice. Taste and adjust the salt as desired.
- Add oil, and mix pepper and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Then add chicken stock and 1 glass of water, cover, and cook under high pressure for 4 minutes. I usually leave it for 5 minutes before making a quick release. Add lime juice. Taste and adjust the salt as desired.
- Spoon the soup into a bowl and topping it with the desired topping.