Chinese Steamed Egg Recipe Instant Pot
|Chinese Steamed Egg Recipe Instant Pot|
Heavenly steamed, smooth and delicate Chinese eggs require minimum ingredients but provide a soft appearance and taste. Learn how to make it perfectly.
Chinese boiled eggs don't need sophisticated seasoning to impress your taste. Just like how my mother served this dish, I just added a little soy sauce and sesame oil, then cut the curd several times to let the sauce penetrate. Pretty delicious.
Prep Time: 3 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
- 1 tsp chive, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Shrimp, peeled and distributed
- Asparagus & carrots
- 2 eggs, beat
- Warm water, double volume of beaten eggs (see notes 1 & 2)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 drops of sesame oil
- Extra decoration
- Pour warm water into a beaten egg. Add salt then stir well.
- Through a colander, pour the mixture into 2 small bowls. Sprinkle chives if using.
- Cover the bowl with cling film. Stab to let the steam come out (see note 3).
- Steam for 10 minutes over low heat (place the bowl when the water starts to boil).
- Season with mild soy sauce and sesame oil (if you want, cut the curd several times to let the sauce penetrate). Serve warm.
- If using extra garnishes: Steam eggs as usual for 7 minutes, then add shrimp and vegetables. Steam for 3 more minutes.