Rocky Road Pudding Parfaits Recipe
|Rocky Road Pudding Parfaits Recipe|
These Rocky Road Pudding Parfaits, they are delicious, and yes they make you 1. feel like a child again, and 2. like summer. Obviously I'm ready for the summer, but obviously I'm far ahead of the Summit County, Colorado weather schedule because it's really supposed to snow today.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
- 1/4 cup of corn flour
- a little salt
- 2 ounces of chopped semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 3 glasses of whole milk or canned coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon of refined sugar
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- cup of vanilla chocolate or chocolate butter ice cream, to be served
- melted chocolate or hot fudge to serve
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup of roasted almonds are cut
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- In a medium-size saucepan, mix sugar, cocoa powder, a pinch of salt and corn flour, then shake until mixed. Slowly pour the milk, shake until smooth. Place the pan on medium heat and simmer low, whisk consistently. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the mixture thickens and is like a pudding. Remove from the heat and stir in chopped chocolate and vanilla.
- Take about 3/4 cup of pudding into a separate bowl. Cover and place it in the refrigerator to relax. Divide the remaining 4-6 cups of parfait. Cover and place it in the refrigerator to relax.
- Meanwhile, add the cream to a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until it forms a soft peak. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, then whip until mixed. Take the 3/4 cup chocolate pudding ordered from the fridge. Fold the pudding into the whipped cream.
- Divide the whipped cream between each glass of parfait.
- In a bowl, mix the beans, almonds, marshmallows, and chocolate flakes. Sprinkle rocky road evenly over each parfait. Refrigerate the parfaits, cover until ready to serve.
- To serve, top each parfaits with a spoon of ice cream and drizzle chocolate sauce or fudge.