Grilled Peach Salad with Basil Burrata & Prosciutto Recipe
Summer has always been my favorite time of day and i am sure many of you are feeling an equivalent way. Whether your summer is crammed with beaches, hikes, or simply spending many time with friends and family, these memories usually involve something else, good food.
For me, summer always includes long days at the beach, impromptu barbecues, and late-night roasting marshmallows for s'mores. In college, when summer was also an excellent time on behalf of me to figure, I chose to figure as a waitress at a beachside restaurant in order that I could still enjoy this special time.
So to celebrate the launch of the cookbook, I would like to share with you the right summer salad. This Baked Peach Salad with Burrata, Basil & Prosciutto is straightforward to place together but has the proper combination of flavors. Summer peaches, while perfect on their own, reach an entire new level of sweetness after a quick burn while the salty prosciutto pairs well with the spicy bites of arugula and basil. Burrata completes it all with a soft, creamy finish.
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces of burrata cheese, dig 8-10 pieces
- 5 cups of arugula
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium peaches, seeded and dig inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil, divided
- 4 ounces of prosciutto
- 8-10 large basil leaves
- Preheat your grill over medium heat. Brush the peaches with half vegetable oil. Place the peaches on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the peaches are gently far away from the grill. flip and continue baking for 4-5 minutes or until the peaches are tender.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and put aside while you assemble the salad.
- Place the arugula on an outsized serving plate. Tear each slice of prosciutto in half and place on top of the arugula. Place a slice of burrata cheese and basil where there are slices of prosciutto.
- Sprinkle the remaining vegetable oil and balsamic vinegar over the entire salad and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.