Mediterranean Chickpea Salad Recipe
This quick and straightforward Mediterranean Chickpea Salad has it all - strong flavor, bright colors, many nutrients, and enough fiber and protein to stay you full and energized for hours. It's super versatile, and is ideal for everything from simple packaged lunches to impressive picnic side dishes and everything in between.
The situation is legitimate because of this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad that's filled with herbs and vegetables.
Using one among my favorite staples (canned chickpeas) and a couple of fresh ingredients, you'll put this easy salad on your hungry face in less time than it takes to preheat the oven. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but let me tell you, this recipe is fast! it is also incredibly tasty, filling, and versatile for everything from dinner in the dark to impressive potluck offers.
The list of ingredients for this easy vegan salad is brief, so choose the freshest, best-quality ingredients you'll get.
This Mediterranean chickpea salad are often enjoyed immediately, especially if you let the chickpeas steep for nearly an hour. you'll also chill it for an additional half-hour to further melt the flavors.
Filling nutriment doesn't get any easier than this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. it's inspired by one among our favourite side dishes, Israeli Salad. My version is crammed with protein and chickpeas marinated in fiber and served only with toasted pita bread. it is a very versatile and forgiving recipe, so it's perfect for everything from meal prep to potty salads or weeknight side dishes.
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Total Time: 20 Mins
- 1/2 medium purple onion, diced into 1/2 "
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher
- 2 large tomatoes, diced into 1/2 "
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 15 oz cans of green beans
- 2 tablespoons of juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin vegetable oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 Persian cucumbers, diced into 1/2 "
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced into 1/2 "
- Drain the peas, transfer them to a strainer, then rinse under cold running water until the water is clean from the filter.
- In a large bowl, combine green beans with juice, olive oil, paprika, and salt. Stir to combine. Cover the bowl and transfer to the refrigerator. Soak for a minimum of quarter-hour and up to an hour.
- When the chickpeas are soaked, dice the vegetables and chop the fresh herbs.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, onions, mint and parsley to the seasoned green beans and stir to mix. Taste it as a seasoning and add salt, pepper, or juice if necessary until the seasoning comes out.
- Serve immediately with fresh pita. If time permits, chill for half-hour, then serve. Store leftovers within the refrigerator during a closed container for up to three days.